Polling Site for City of Chetek Residents
City Hall - 220 Stout Street (use back entrance)
Candidate forms – online – here are links to the forms
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/forms/gabis-007 “ballot access checklist” Print this form first
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/forms/EL-162 - “declaration of candidacy”
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/forms/EL-169 - “nomination paper”
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/gab_forms/126/ethcf_1_registration_statement_2016_pdf_17829.pdf - “campaign statement”
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/gab_forms/1/gab_904_instructions_2016_for_candidate_use_pdf_10986.pdf - “instructions for statement of economic interests – for Judges only
- http://www.gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/gab_forms/1/gab_904_for_candidate_use_in_2016_answer_blank_lin_10861.pdf - “statement of economic interests – Judges only
- Nomination Forms Elections
- Upcoming Elections
7 a.m. - 8 p.m. for every election
Voting and Election Info
Use this link to register, check the status of your absentee ballot, check your voter history and Lots of Election Info.
- Please visit: https://myvote.wi.gov/
State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
The State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.
GAB-121 Absentee Ballot Request
- English Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-english
- Spanish Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-spanish
- Hmong Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-hmong
GAB-131 Voter Registration Application
Municipal (City) Elections
Chetek holds municipal elections every year. The City's six elected officials include a mayor, four (4) council members and a municipal judge. Council members serve their designated ward and represent the entire city. Council and Mayor terms are for two years and the municipal judge is a four (4) year term. Council terms are staggered so no more than two council members are elected each year. In the event three (3) or more people run for any given position, a spring primary shall be held in February. The regular spring Election is held on the first Tuesday every April.
Running for City offices:
Citizens seeking Election must file nomination papers. Circulation of nomination papers begins December 1st prior to the year seeking office. Papers must be received by the municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. the first Tuesday of January of the year seeking office. (see link for forms above)
State and Federal Elections
State and Federal elections are held in even-numbered years. Primary elections are held for State and Federal elections, on the first Tuesday after the second Monday in August.
Absentee Ballots up until two weeks prior to an Election, absentee ballots are available for residents unable to vote at City Hall. Absentee voting ends the Friday before each election. Ballots have to be mailed out or voted on in the office. Ballots cannot be handed over the counter.