The Mission of the Chetek Housing Authority is a commitment to provide elderly, disabled, handicapped low-income individuals with affordable, clean, safe, secure and enjoyable housing.
Not just another place to live
Independent living for elderly 62 or older, Handicapped/Disabled persons. Our comfortable eight building, 4-plex, one-bedroom apartments are affordable and provide comfort and spacious storage. Each apartment comes with apartment size stove, refrigerator, built in air conditioners, new energy efficient windows and screen door, along with window shades. A convenient walk in-shower with built in bench and safety grab bars. We provide off street parking, carports, and on-site laundry facility with two washers and two dryers at no extra charge to residents. Monthly rent includes all utilities, except your phone service and cable television. The amount of rent for a qualified tenant is determined by the tenant's monthly income and assets. Deductions are considered for approved medical expenses.
CHA Housing Obligation
- Maintain the premises in a clean, safe and sanitary conditions to the best of our ability.
- Make all necessary repairs, upkeep and improvements to the premises and apartments.
- We comply to all applicable building codes, housing codes and HUD regulations affecting health and safety
- Inside mail delivery and pick up
- Monthly news letters
- Off street parking or carport when available
- SMOKE-FREE Property
- Tenant gatherings and Holiday celebrations
- Warm and friendly atmosphere
- Wednesday Bible study
- Puzzle table
- Weekly card games
- Outside night light security
- Complete ground level living
- Garbage Services
- Newly renovated kitchens
- Car Plug-ins
Outside Services Available
- Meals on wheels delivery
- In-home services
- Two blocks from local grocery and retail stores
- Local beauty shops
- Public Library
- Senior Citizen Center
Elderly transportation services to uptown and Rice Lake
Board Meetings are held at 10:30 a.m. on the 4th Thursday of each month.
Rent is based on 30% of adjusted income.
Currently Accepting Applications - Please contact the Chetek Housing Authority for more information (see contact information below)
The Chetek Housing Authority Board
|Linda LaMere, Manager|
|Bill Waite, Chairman (925-2455)|
|Judy Anderson, Co-Chair||April 30, 2014|
|Vi Jensen||April 30, 2015|
|Rev. Norm Phillips||April 30, 2016|
|LouAnn Novak||April 30, 2018|
The Chetek Housing Authority is federally funded by HUD
Equal Housing Opportunity